A couple of weekends ago I posted this photo on the Facebook page with a mild groan about the drudgery of makeup brush cleaning.
Cleaning makeup brushes isn’t fun but it’s necessary. Brushes not only keep left over product in the bristles they can also build bacteria in the bristles if not appropriately cared for.
I use a gentle but cheap! shampoo and some 100% alcohol for deep cleaning of my brushes. The shampoo cleans and conditions the bristles of the brush keeping them in good condition.
The tiniest drop of alcohol kills any bacteria and also greatly reduces the drying time of wet brushes.
In between deep cleans I use a quick swipe of MAC’s brush cleanser or Kryolan’s brush cleanser to keep brushes clean in between uses.
How do you wash your makeup brushes?
Important. I always avoid geting the ferrule wet! and lay the brushes flat to dry to avoid weakening the glue that holds the brush together.
And a giveaway!
We will be giving away two makeup brush sets over the next month. One winner every two weeks. This giveaway is available to residents of CariCom countries.
How to win?
1. Comment below on how you wash your makeup brushes
2. Subscribe to our blog via email, this way you can keep connected for more blog posts and get first notice on giveaways.
3. Giveaways end on July 13 2013 and July 27 2013
4. The winners of the giveaways will be selected via Random.org and announced on our Facebook Page.
5. Check out what you are winning below.
The Mark bag contains the Mark travel brush Kit that I fell in love with a long time ago. You can check out my thoughts here
Wishing everyone the best of luck.
Until next post.
Bajan Beauty Blogger- Kim