So I was busy trolling the blogs recently for new MAC limited edition releases. Purely from idle curiosity since I no longer buy limited edition makeup.
And I told you why here…
I’ve owned Sin for a while. It’s one of my go to colours for a deep vamp lip. And quite bite accident I stumbled across a much cheaper dupe in Wet n Wild Cherry Bomb.
Both colors are a deep deep blood red that have the tendency to pull just a little bit brown on me.
They are both a matte finish which gives you very long lasting wear and have the tendency to suck the moisture from your lips.
1. Cherry Bomb wears just a little patchier and with less coverage on my lip than Sin. But only your malicious and bad mind aunty would care about that.
2. Cherry bomb leans just the slightly bit more burgundy than Sin but again, just avoid that malicious Aunty and you should be fine.
3. Cherry bomb is actually leans a bit more semi matte on initial application than Sin which leans closer to a true matte, but after a couple minutes no one would be able to tell the difference
4. Cherry bomb also moves around on my lip a bit more than sin, so I may find it having migrated just a millimeter out of my lip line. Probably be cause it isn’t quite as matte as sin.
5. And of course cherry bomb is less than 1/3 of the price of Sin in Barbados averaging at around 10-12 BBD dollars compared to MAC’s 36 dollars (if you get it duty free).
Bottom line if you were thinking of getting Sin from MAC, Wet n Wild’s Cherry Bomb is a really decent alternative. One might even say it was a dupe!.
Do you own either of these lipsticks?
What were your thoughts?
What do you think? Dupe? or Nah?
I’m not the only one with a malicious macocious aunty right?
P.S. Malicious as used in Bajan dialect means overly inquisitive as does Macocious in Trinidadian dialect.